SERVING GRAND RAPIDS, WEST MICHIGAN, TRAVERSE CITY, AND LANSING, MICHIGAN
Safe and Effective Body Contouring in Grand Rapids, MI
Body contouring is performed to enhance and improve your body's appearance. Plastic surgery is not a substitute for diet and weight loss. Rather, body contouring procedures complement weight loss and exercise in helping you achieve the desired body shape.
What is Body Contouring?
Body contouring is an umbrella term that covers a wide variety of procedures. The ultimate goal of body contouring surgery is to improve the look and feel of your body. Depending on the type of problem you would like to address, body contouring can remove excess fat and tighten skin in several different parts of the body. Here are a few examples of the types of plastic surgery provided at the Centre for Plastic Surgery.
Body Plastic Surgery Procedures Offered
– Liposuction is among the most well-known options for body contouring. The procedure involves the surgical removal of fat deposits. Because suction is used, only a relatively small incision is necessary for this procedure.
– A Tummy Tuck is often used in combination with liposuction or following a period of natural weight loss. A tummy tuck is used to address extra skin, tightening the appearance by surgically removing the excess.
– Arm, Thigh, and Buttocks Contouring is often needed to maximize the results of weight loss. Skin that has lost its elasticity can appear loose and baggy even after you have achieved your weight loss goals. Contouring works like a tummy tuck but targets other areas of the body.
– Body Contouring for Men is increasingly popular. This type of liposuction is ideal for men who can't seem to get rid of the hormonally-induced "spare tire" around their midsection. A simple, outpatient appointment can help men achieve the appearance and confidence that they desire in their personal and professional life.
Frequently Asked Questions
– Visit our Liposuction FAQ's page to learn more about how the procedure works. Learn more about risks associated with the procedure and whether results are permanent.
– Visit our Tummy Tuck FAQ's page to get answers about scarring and other common concerns with this procedure. Whether you are considering getting a tummy tuck or another procedure, it is important to understand the risks that come with cosmetic surgery.
Schedule a Consultation
The best way to learn more about any body contouring procedure is to schedule a consultation with one of our physicians. When you meet with one of our plastic surgeons, you can learn more about which procedure might be right for you. You can also get answers to your questions about recovery periods and how the procedures are performed.